CPD Study Day: Wound Assessment and Management (Inclusive of suturing) and Advanced Trauma Assessment & Management£150.00
CPD Study Day:
Wound Assessment and Management (Inclusive of suturing)
and Advanced Trauma Assessment & Management
Electronic Advanced Cardiac Life Support (eACLS)£105.00 – £210.00
This fast and convenient online course provides immediate access to advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) training. Perfect for health care professionals or anyone needing certification or recertification, eACLSTM features
- Highly interactive activities that satisfy the knowledge requirements of ACLS training.
- Substantial savings over conventional classroom ACLS courses.
- Instant continuing education credits upon successful completion of the online course.
- Anytime, anywhere learning at your own pace, and in the comfort of your home or office. Now you can complete the entire theory element of the course in just a few hours.
PLEASE NOTE: The Online course is theory based and DOES NOT teach practical skills such as ET intubation that will be required for the practical assessment. We therefore recommend this course for ALS level practitioners only.
eACLS is developed in partnership with the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), a leader in emergency medicine education and health education.
If you wish to earn an official eACLS Course Completion Card endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians, you must also complete a practical skills examination at our approved eACLS Educational Center in Herefordshire UK.
You must print out the acknowledgement certificate verifying that you completed the knowledge component of the course before participating in the practical skills examination. It will take approximately two hours including admin time to complete the four required skill stations:
- CPR and AED (One- and two-person CPR with an AED)
- Airway and Ventilation Management (BVM, ET, SGD, and RGD use)
- ECG Arrhythmia Recognition and Treatment Modalities (Sixteen ECGs and patient presentations)
- Cardiac Arrest Management (MegaCode)
For available practical assessment dates please contact us on +44 (0) 1432 355964 or email@example.com
First Response Emergency Care / Medicine In Remote Areas (Combined Level 3) (TM) (Europe)£837.50
From the original creators of the MIRA course, comes another industry-leading programme specifically designed for medical practitioners operating in challenging environments.
Incorporating the best elements of MIRA with the new gold standard FREC Level 3 syllabus, the ground-breaking course will challenge the most seasoned remote/hostile environment/expedition medic.
Students who pass the course will leave with updated and new skills as well as 2 accredited certificates from QUALSAFE and the ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS EDINBURGH respectively.
The course has been designed by Industry and Special-Forces veterans, providing only credible and ‘Real-World’ knowledge and skills to participants, trimming the fat off most courses currently available. We focus on both gold-standard and improvised techniques.
This Course has been endorsed by Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. The Course complies with the teaching and educational standards of the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care.
The FREC/MIRA Level 3 combined course includes:
- Roles/Responsibilities of the remote medic
- Catastrophic haemorrhage management
- Advanced airway management including surgical airways
- Chest injury management
- Shock management including sternal intra-osseous access
- Management of fractures/dislocations/sprains/strains
- Minor injury management
- Intermediate life support of adult/paediatric/infant/ third-trimester pregnant patients
- Altitude and Polar medicine
- Jungle and Desert medicine
- Burns & scalds
- Remote pharmacology
- Triage and mass casualty incidents in the remote setting
- Prolonged field care
- Bites & stings (with industry experts and live specimens)
- The most immersive moulages currently available in the UK
The course includes over 13 hours of practical scenarios and moulages, ensuring each participant receives the finest one-to-one training, benefitting from our Instructor’s knowledge and experiences.
First Response Emergency Care FREC (Level 4)£600.00
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to work within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate practitioner, or healthcare assistant. It is also ideal for those looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services.
Applicants must have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) to undertake this course. This qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities. It also forms part of a progressive suite of prehospital care qualifications that lead to the QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF).
The course is run over 5 days , fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this qualification provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to respond to a wide range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health crisis and more.
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological observations
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic airways
- Medical gases – including dosages and administration.
- Thoracic trauma
- Maternity care
- Respiratory disorders and infections
- Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Sexual assault
- Major incidents
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Mental health crisis
- Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions
On completion of the course delivery, each learner requires to complete 3 x Qualsafe workbooks which are to be submitted within an agreed time scale following the course.
Hostile Environment First Aid Course (HEFAC)£1,665.00
The Hostile Environment First Aid Course (HEFAC) is suitable for those who are likely to find themselves in harm’s way, either through natural hazards, climatic extremes or delayed evacuation, or as a result of deliberate hostile action.
Training is conducted over five days and is focused on practical skills, which will be conducted in our immersive hostile environment training suite and climatic training simulators.
Capability generated there will be directly transferable to any operational environment.
Lone Traveller Awareness Course£495.00
International travel is a feature of modern life for all of us, from the gap year student to the executive business traveller.
Despite being commonplace, travel to unfamiliar environments can expose the unwary to difficulty and discomfort, ranging from embarrassment, financial and business loss and severe risks to health. Even the most seasoned traveller will benefit from the Iqarus Lone Traveller Awareness training which in a short, enjoyable and accessible programme will grant a practical understanding of safe travel including the diverse global cultural norms, appropriate dress and behaviour, personal security, travel and hotel safety, internet and media security and health protection and even efficient packing advice.
The course is suitable and relevant for all travellers, from gap year students, adventurers and business frequent fliers.
Media Operations Emergency Training (MOET)£730.00
Are you media or a production crew operating in remote or dangerous locations?
Do you have the life-saving skills to deal with complex medical emergencies you could encounter whilst in the field?
At Iqarus we understand the risks the media face when operating in tough environments from conflicts to natural disasters.
Our former Special Forces medical experts, who have decades of experience in supporting media and production teams, have designed a new training course that offers the ultimate protection. Media Operations Emergency Training provides deployed media personnel with the equipment and skills to manage life-threatening traumatic injuries and acute illness.
For added security, bespoke medical kits issued on completion of the accredited training are linked to a 24/7 doctor on call system.
77 journalists and media staff killed in 2016: (International News Safety Institute Nov 2016)
Iqarus Media Operations Emergency Training delivers:
- Life-saving skills, support and equipment to manage a complete range of scenarios including severe trauma, medical emergencies and exposure to intentional or accidental chemical or biological agent release.
- Specialist UK training facility offering dynamic simulation space with desert, arctic and jungle sensory rooms and collapsible street scenes
- International reach with the ability to deliver training in numerous languages
- Comprehensive and bespoke medical kit and aide memoir on completion of accredited training, linked to a 24/7 doctor on call system.
Training for any scenario anywhere in the world
The course is modular in its design with emphasis on practical scenarios and the ‘how and why’ people are injured and how to deal with those injuries.
- Ballistic Trauma
- Road Traffic Collision
- Acute Coronary Events
- Travellers’ diarrhoea
- Diabetes / Hypoglycemia
- Climatic injuries
- Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear defence (CBRN)
Capability will be generated through a short (3 day) course, providing the underpinning knowledge and practical experience through accurate simulation.
The following is included within the course cost:
- Role players
- Casualty simulation
- 24/7 top cover advice from rotational doctors for a period of 3 months
- Personal medical equipment to keep after the course
- Patient group directives and authority to dispense certain medications within personal equipment
- Flash card for 24/7 contact valid for 3 months
- Course materials
- Lunch each day
- Respirator testing
Medicine In Remote Areas (MIRA) (TM)£837.50
THE ORIGINAL MIRA COURSE, DESIGNED & DELIVERED BY US SINCE 2004!
“Outstanding instructors grounded in the real world”
The Medicine in Remote Areas Course (TM) was developed by Iqarus to provide students who already have experience in Pre-Hospital Care with the added skills and knowledge to be able to deal with casualties in a remote environment where evacuation may be delayed. This Iqarus course is the only MIRA course currently approved and endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, meeting all requirements of the Faculty’s Pre Hospital Emergency Management Skills Framework at Descriptor D, appropriate for nationally certificated non health care professional pre-hospital provider caring for patients as a secondary role such as Police Officers in Specialist Roles, Fire Service IEC, equivalent UKSAR trained personnel, Enhanced Community First Responders. It is an ideal development course for medics working in mountain rescue, expedition and exploration, media industry, humanitarian and disaster relief fields.
Training is delivered in the Iqarus high fidelity immersive training facilities, by instructors with unequalled practical experience in the field. The experiences gained through the Iqarus MIRA course ensure that learners are equipped to confidently and competently. In addition to MIRA certification, endorsed by RCS(Ed) successful learners will also benefit from certified and approved Continuing Medical Education certification, recognised by all Royal Colleges, the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Healthcare Professions Council.
The Iqarus MIRA™ course is delivered over 5 challenging days, during which learners will develop their understanding and application of:
- Dynamic risk assessment
- Appropriate use of protective equipment
- Triage and scene management
- Effective communication
- The management of injuries from common mechanisms of injury, including moving vehicle collisions, ballistics trauma, assault, penetrating trauma and falls from height.
- Basic Life Support and Oxygen therapy
- Basic and advanced management of massive external bleeding
- Basic, Intermediate and advanced airway management
- Basic and advanced management of chest injuries
- Circulatory system assessment and Haemorrhage control
- Shock and fluid replacement (I.V & I.O)
- The recognition and management of traumatic brain injuries
- Management of fractures, dislocations and burns
- Prevention and management of environmental illnesses
- The recognition and management of medical emergencies, including special circumstances
- Appropriate patient packaging and casualty handling
- Remote area and prolonged patient care
The Iqarus MIRA™ qualification is valid for three years.
A 3 DAY REFRESHER COURSE IS BEING OFFERED FOR THOSE WITH AN IN-DATE MIRA CERTIFICATE. SEE REFRESHER PAGE FOR DATES AND PRICES.
MEDICINE IN REMOTE AREAS (TM) REFRESHER.£435.00
THE ORIGINAL MIRA COURSE, DESIGNED & DELIVERED BY US SINCE 2004!
“Outstanding instructors grounded in the real world”
A 3 DAY REFRESHER COURSE IS BEING OFFERED FOR THOSE WITH AN IN DATE MIRA CERTIFICATE.
This course is underpinned with the Medicine in Remote Areas certificate valid for 3 years, endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
For further information about our courses:
Please contact Iqarus UK’s Operations Manager
Office: +44 (0) 1432 355964
Pre-Hospital Paediatric Life Support (PHPLS)£575.00
The PHPLS course provides the knowledge and practical procedures necessary for effective treatment of childhood emergencies prior to hospital admission.
The two day syllabus covers major injury, and life threatening acute illnesses to which children are susceptible, combined with common underlying chronic diseases which complicate diagnosis and treatment Training will enhance prompt recognition and immediate effective treatment, improving survivability of paediatric patients.
The course focuses on how to recognise and effectively manage the treatment of a seriously ill and or injured child, using a structured approach.
PHPLS is suitable for those from a medical, nursing background, successful candidates will receive a certificate, accredited by ALSG.
Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)£415.00
“An excellent course, would highly recommend this training to all my colleagues.” PHTLS Student
NAEMT’s Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) is recognised around the world as the leading continuing education program for pre-hospital emergency trauma care. PHTLS promotes excellence in trauma patient management through global education of all providers involved in the delivery of pre-hospital care.
PHTLS is developed by NAEMT in cooperation with the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. PHTLS courses improve the quality of trauma care in your area and decrease mortality.
The program is based on a pre-hospital trauma care philosophy, stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. This may require an approach to the trauma patient that varies from traditional treatment modalities.
The format is a 2 day provider course, qualifications to enrol are Health professional (EMT, Paramedic, Nurse, Doctor) or CMT1, or others with suitable relevant qualifications and experience. Certification comes from NAEMT and is valid for 4 years.
For further information about our courses:
Please contact Iqarus UK’s Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org Office: +44 (0) 1432 355964
Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)£415.00
The Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course introduces evidence-based, life-saving techniques and strategies for providing the best trauma care on the battlefield. NAEMT conducts TCCC courses under the auspices of its PHTLS program, the recognized world leader in prehospital trauma education.
NAEMT’s TCCC courses use the PHTLS Military textbook and are fully compliant with the Department of Defense’s Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) guidelines. It is the only TCCC course endorsed by the American College of Surgeons. The 2-day provider course is designed for combat EMS/military personnel, including medics, corpsmen, and para-rescue personnel deploying in support of combat operations. The course’s content and structure also can be modified for law enforcement special weapons and tactics and special response teams.
Certification comes from NAEMT and is valid for 4 years.