- Sort by Product ID
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)£469.00
The 2nd edition NAEMT’s Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course teaches EMS practitioners and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
The course presents the three phases of tactical care and integrates parallels EMS nomenclature:
- Hot Zone / Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Warm Zone / Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
- Cold Zone / Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course includes all new patient simulations and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including immediate action drills for tourniquet application throughout the course.
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment.
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression.
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments.
- Caring for Pediatric patients.
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety.
- A final, mass-casualty / active shooter event simulation.
NAEMT’s TECC course is endorsed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, is consistent with the current guidelines established by the Committee of TECC (Co-TECC), and meets all of the updated National Tactical Emergency Medical Support Competency Domains. This course is accredited by CAPCE for 16 hours of continuing education credit, and recognized by NREMT.