- Sort by Relevance
Medicine In Remote Areas (MIRA) (TM)£946.50
THE ORIGINAL MIRA COURSE, DESIGNED & DELIVERED BY US SINCE 2004!
“Outstanding instructors grounded in the real world”
The Medicine in Remote Areas Course (TM) was developed by Iqarus to provide students who already have experience in Pre-Hospital Care with the added skills and knowledge to be able to deal with casualties in a remote environment where evacuation may be delayed. This Iqarus course is the only MIRA course currently approved and endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, meeting all requirements of the Faculty’s Pre Hospital Emergency Management Skills Framework at Descriptor D, appropriate for nationally certificated non health care professional pre-hospital provider caring for patients as a secondary role such as Police Officers in Specialist Roles, Fire Service IEC, equivalent UKSAR trained personnel, Enhanced Community First Responders. It is an ideal development course for medics working in mountain rescue, expedition and exploration, media industry, humanitarian and disaster relief fields.
Training is delivered in the Iqarus high fidelity immersive training facilities, by instructors with unequalled practical experience in the field. The experiences gained through the Iqarus MIRA course ensure that learners are equipped to confidently and competently. In addition to MIRA certification, endorsed by RCS(Ed) successful learners will also benefit from certified and approved Continuing Medical Education certification, recognised by all Royal Colleges, the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Healthcare Professions Council.
The Iqarus MIRA™ course is delivered over 5 challenging days, during which learners will develop their understanding and application of:
- Dynamic risk assessment
- Appropriate use of protective equipment
- Triage and scene management
- Effective communication
- The management of injuries from common mechanisms of injury, including moving vehicle collisions, ballistics trauma, assault, penetrating trauma and falls from height.
- Basic Life Support and Oxygen therapy
- Basic and advanced management of massive external bleeding
- Basic, Intermediate and advanced airway management
- Basic and advanced management of chest injuries
- Circulatory system assessment and Haemorrhage control
- Shock and fluid replacement (I.V & I.O)
- The recognition and management of traumatic brain injuries
- Management of fractures, dislocations and burns
- Prevention and management of environmental illnesses
- The recognition and management of medical emergencies, including special circumstances
- Appropriate patient packaging and casualty handling
- Remote area and prolonged patient care
The Iqarus MIRA™ qualification is valid for three years.
A 3 DAY REFRESHER COURSE IS BEING OFFERED FOR THOSE WITH AN IN-DATE MIRA CERTIFICATE. SEE REFRESHER PAGE FOR DATES AND PRICES.