First Response Emergency Care FREC (Level 4)£600.00
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to work within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate practitioner, or healthcare assistant. It is also ideal for those looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services.
Applicants must have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) to undertake this course. This qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities. It also forms part of a progressive suite of prehospital care qualifications that lead to the QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF).
The course is run over 5 days , fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this qualification provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to respond to a wide range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health crisis and more.
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological observations
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic airways
- Medical gases – including dosages and administration.
- Thoracic trauma
- Maternity care
- Respiratory disorders and infections
- Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Sexual assault
- Major incidents
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Mental health crisis
- Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions
On completion of the course delivery, each learner requires to complete 3 x Qualsafe workbooks which are to be submitted within an agreed time scale following the course.
First Response Emergency Care / Medicine In Remote Areas (Combined Level 3) (TM) (Europe)£837.50
From the original creators of the MIRA course, comes another industry-leading programme specifically designed for medical practitioners operating in challenging environments.
Incorporating the best elements of MIRA with the new gold standard FREC Level 3 syllabus, the ground-breaking course will challenge the most seasoned remote/hostile environment/expedition medic.
Students who pass the course will leave with updated and new skills as well as 2 accredited certificates from QUALSAFE and the ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS EDINBURGH respectively.
The course has been designed by Industry and Special-Forces veterans, providing only credible and ‘Real-World’ knowledge and skills to participants, trimming the fat off most courses currently available. We focus on both gold-standard and improvised techniques.
This Course has been endorsed by Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. The Course complies with the teaching and educational standards of the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care.
The FREC/MIRA Level 3 combined course includes:
- Roles/Responsibilities of the remote medic
- Catastrophic haemorrhage management
- Advanced airway management including surgical airways
- Chest injury management
- Shock management including sternal intra-osseous access
- Management of fractures/dislocations/sprains/strains
- Minor injury management
- Intermediate life support of adult/paediatric/infant/ third-trimester pregnant patients
- Altitude and Polar medicine
- Jungle and Desert medicine
- Burns & scalds
- Remote pharmacology
- Triage and mass casualty incidents in the remote setting
- Prolonged field care
- Bites & stings (with industry experts and live specimens)
- The most immersive moulages currently available in the UK
The course includes over 13 hours of practical scenarios and moulages, ensuring each participant receives the finest one-to-one training, benefitting from our Instructor’s knowledge and experiences.