The 3 day Major Incident Medical Management & Support (MIMMS) course is aimed at personnel who will be involved with Major incidents including emergency services, medical and nursing staff. It is also highly relevant to military and close protection medics serving in remote areas.
The course includes:
– Definitions of Major Incidents
– The role of the Emergency services.
– The role of Medical Commanders.
– The organisation of an incident around Bronze, Silver and Gold areas.
– The key aspects of a structured approach based on the CSCATTT mnemonic.
– Declaration of a major incident using the METHANE structure.
– Activities within the Bronze inner cordon
– Activities within the Silver area, including command and control.
– Triage based on Sieve and Sort.
The structure of the course includes lectures, table top exercises, practical training including communications and triage techniques. The course finishes with 2 Practical Exercises Without Casualties (PEWCs) working in groups at potential major incident sites putting all the training together. On passing the course you will be awarded an ALSG accredited certificate valid for 4 years.
Candidates must meet the criteria of being either a Doctor, registered nurse or paramedic. Other applicants suitability for attendance on the course will be assessed individually based upon qualifications and relevant experience.
Please contact Iqarus UK’s Education Coordinator
Office: +44 (0) 1432 355964